In this article, I will share with you some of the social media tips I’ve learned throughout the years that actually work. This list is by no means exhaustive or comprehensive but nonetheless… It may help you to grow your account on-line. Are you ready for this? Here we go.
- Conduct a market research anytime you want to build a social media campaign. Research your competition and influencers before spending time and money in a campaign with the goal of attaining success in five years since the implementation of the campaign. Don’t give up on your plans to grow your social media account in 6 days, weeks, months or two years. Give it five years, instead. No business will invest time and resources without doing market research, either. Would you invest time and money to start a coffee shop without investigating your competitors and the industry itself? Building an instagram page is no different.
- Search (visit) competitors’ pages. How do you do this? This is how. 1) Pick a niche of a kind… Let’s say, “motivation.” 2) Type motivation in the search bar on instagram, for example. 3) Scroll and see the accounts that come first in the search bar. 4) Pick 5-10 accounts. If they have many followers, chances are high that they are influencers not a competitor. Repeat the process every week for a month.
- Write down every account with big followers on your niche in a google spreadsheet. Write the following categories in the spreadsheet– “Handle,” “Followers,” “Average Engagement rate,” and “How many likes they get per post.” Fill out the former for a minimum of 5 to 10 accounts in your niche.
- Do BPP (Best performance post) to find out what is performing well in that specific niche for 5-10 accounts and find out which type of content performs best. Look at these posts and save them in a folder in your computer for reference.
- Be consistent with posting daily content. Go to your niche and see how often your competitors are posting. Network, go talk with people and create partnerships off-line in order to leverage your position on-line.
The former tips have helped me a lot with growing my accounts throughout my social media networks. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Cheers.
— Podcast version —