I turn off my phone four times a day. Let me tell you. I’m glad I do It and you should, as well. Why do I turn off my iPhone four times a day? Because I want to live the best life I possibly can.
I turn off my device before I leave the house in the morning to work, during my lunch hour, and after supper for about an hour and before I go to sleep.
There is no reason to have your device on 24/7. By giving your smartphone a break you give yourself a break, as well! Don’t wait until tomorrow to get a break from your smartphone today, I say.
It pays off to disconnect and as a value added, you can do so many things with your extra time. These are some of the things that I now do because I turn off my phone for times a day.
1. Exercise. I now exercise three times a week for an hour. The result: My blood pressure is lower and I lost 5 pounds already.
2. Go for a walk. My wife and I go for a walk at least one a week and we love it. We are now closer than ever.
3. Read a book. I found Seth Godin’s work by disconnecting! Love this. It has changed the way I see modern day marketing.
4. Rest. It is good to be at home and literally not be doing anything. Turning off your phone helps you to recharge your energy and that’s a necessity for anyone who wants to live a good life.
5. Master the art of timing. I now have time to critically think about those who matter to me and introduce ideas to my tribe, accordingly.
Moral of the story. Turn off your smartphone tomorrow. Four times throughout the day. Not just once or none. Give yourself the much needed time to recharge and live the life you deserve.
You won’t regret it.